Thursday 23 February 2012

projects!

Since October I have been busy with a number of uni projects. I finished my business plan for Reel Tees Music that is like an agency for musicians and venues. I got a provisional 2:1 grade band for that and it is worth 40% of a 20 credit module so I am happy with this. I had my feedback from my live project that I recorded sound for (MMA film) and the group got 83% for that production which I am really happy about. I wrote a 5000 word essay on current issues in the media (mine was about music piracy) but we haven't received our marks for that module yet. Now I am working on my marketing plan and the major project production. I have been filming today for the Closing Race, a docu-drama about the closure of Clairville Stadium. Today was the voice over work and the interview, yesterday we filmed at the track and tomorrow we are filming on location. It is going well so far, after this we are filming Charlottes film Perfection. I am producing for my major project so I might look into producing someone elses' project too.

I have been recruited into something that I have wanted to do all of my life so at the moment I am training for that and keeping on top of uni work. The band is going well, I recorded a live acoustic demo at last nights band practice and it sounds good! I am also setting up a business and training three times a week at kickboxing on top of work but keeping busy keeps me motivated!!
Tees Music Alliance want me to start working with them in May because they said someone with my skills can bring a lot to the organisation! I would have been starting straight away but they looked at my schedule and thought realistically I don't have the time at the moment but they want to defer my start date. I am excited about this even if it is unpaid because it could lead to more opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment