Wednesday 20 April 2011

careers

For a few years I have been thinking about what I want to do for my career when I leave education. I would love to go into TV / Film but when I think about geographical limitations and stability I have to keep options open. I was told about the careers department of Teesside so I decided to book an appointment with the careers advisor at the university on Monday. It was a 45 minute talk about what I am doing, what I want to do, what I want out of life, experience etc. She told me I was definitely employable to most employers because of my transferable skills and interests which was good to hear, and she also told me that I need to be less modest because I am underselling myself on my CV. I ran out of time in the appointment so I have booked another one for next week. I have been looking at volunteering opportunities working with young people, the community and organisations making films. I am really glad I went, it has been really helpful (even though I havent finished talking to her about everything). I think my issue is that I have so many interests I just need to focus on one area and just go for it but I need to know I am making the right decisions, which I know she cant make for me, but she definitely knows how to help make sense of everything.

I have put all of this research in my professional studies folder because it is all part of career deciding.

No comments:

Post a Comment